Accident Reconstructionist & Forensic Engineer: Electrical & Computer
Life, Medical, Vision, 401K, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are currently looking for a full time accident reconstructionist/forensic engineer to further our expertise in vehicular sensors, in-vehicle communications networks and event data recorders. This individual would work with senior-level testifying experts and assist with: documenting crash sites, documenting incident-involved vehicles, performing data acquisitions from incident-involved vehicles, high-definition 3D laser scanning, vehicle testing, performing accident reconstruction calculations and analysis, crash simulation, and report writing. Candidates will also be involved in forensic testing and publishing of accident reconstruction specific research papers
- College level understanding of physics, dynamics and calculus
- Proficiency in computer aided drafting/modeling
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ideal candidates would:
- Have a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Electrical/Computer Engineering or similar engineering discipline
- Be familiar with various sensors used in modern vehicles and analog/digital conversion
- Be familiar with passenger vehicle controller-area-networks and/or heavy vehicle J1708 and J1939 communication protocols
- Have experience programming Labview
- Have experience soldering and fabricating wiring harnesses
Travel is required – approximately 20%.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, as well as a cover letter/email. Please include in your cover letter a description of the most memorable trip you have taken or would like to take to Will Bortles at [email protected] with the subject line of “Engineering Position.” Thank you!